Friday, April 06, 2007

When two X-Chromosomes attack

There are those times when that second X-Chromosome really does get me.... I've never been a girly-girl. Never been into pink, never played with Barbie or other dolls (I was into The Smurfs!), never watched soap operas. Hell, I never wore a dress from the time I was 9 until I turned 22. However, there comes a time when your gender catches up with you. I admit I do abuse the fact that I'm female from time to time: It is just too easy to manipulate guys into carrying your bags to the car or your new furniture up the stairs. I'm ashamed of myself sometimes... But then again.... it's not like I'm forcing the guys. :)

Well, so I'm female. I hate being thought of as a cliché. Still..... there are those days when I'm actually ACTING like a cliché.
Take today: I actually went on a cosmetics shopping rampage. I usually hate shopping. I only go when I know what I want. I go, I buy, I leave. Easy. Today, though, I only knew I NEEDED something.... pretty (it pains me to write stuff like that!). I went, I looked, I started the rampage, .... I spent lots more than I should have on stuff I didn't need. Now I have proven once again that commercials do work on me. Let's see whether all the cosmetics I bought will hold their promises. You'll see me on the cover of Glamour soon, Ladies and Gentlemen!

That is unless the next Werder Bremen soccer game throws me into a deep depression.... A girl can only take so much, ya know.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

yeah, make-up gets me too.

The Smurfs have and always will be BAD ASS.

Clare said...

Wow I can't wait to see you all glammed up :).