Saturday, August 19, 2006

Poetic Dreamer or Psychotic Freak?

I bought myself a new fountain pen.
Apart from the fact that some of you, my 5,000 imaginary readers, probably think it is weird to write with a fountain pen, this shouldn't worry anyone as is. However, the purchase marks the end of a long period of self-inflicted fountain pen withdrawal. I am hereby admitting another one of my increasingly disturbing abnormal behavior patterns: Other women collect shoes, perfume bottles, sexy young men ..... I feel an urge to buy fountain pens. For the past three years, I had managed to walk away from all the fountain pen displays in stationery stores. Not so today. I unfortunately suffered a relapse. A failure, that is what I am!

While everyone is thinking (and obviously worrying) about my abnormal behavior patterns: I took another one of those to new heights: Just when I thought I was about to defeat the addiction to switch my computer screen's wallpaper every other day, I made the ultimate switch by buying a new screen. It's a good thing I am not in the position (financially, that is) to do that every other day. It nevertheless disturbs me enough to blog about it.

On another note: I spent from Tuesday to Thursday Night being sick. Poor me! Thankfully, I have the best cat ever. He kept watch over me by sitting at the foot of my bed the whole time. Good cat! I'd write him a thank you note with my new fountain pen if only he could appreciate it.

2 comments:

Clare said...

I love your abnormal behaviour patterns. It makes me look normal :).

Ashley said...

I'm actually a fan of a good pen as well. If you like to write, then you better have a good pen!

What were you sick with? Animals always make things better...